Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tough Mudder 2013

So, here we are. Deep into another week. My weekend turned out very interesting. I've been chatting back and forth with a great friend of mine. Gary, has become and endurance athlete, and is doing the Tough Mudder World Championships. I am very supportive of his goal to compete in this, and it made me think about my journey. I found out there is one coming up next year in October. I decided there and now that I wanted to attempt one. He even said he would come down and do it with me. So, over the next year, I have to train and eat right, and get ready for a very tough competition.

Saturday came around, and I found myself looking at houses to purchase. Sarah and I are very excited to make our first new home purchase, but want to wait until the right moment. After that, we spent a little time shopping for the girls on tax free weekend. My next step was to replace the starter in my truck with the help of Jeff, my best friend. We drank some beer and tore into the truck. To those who don't know, a Nissan Titan has the starter located under the intake. Well, we couldn't get the last plug off the injector, so I ended up pulling the wires out on accident. Although upset, we trekked thru and finished the repair. I soon discovered that my makeshift repair didn't fix the injector, so my truck has been running extremely rough. Nissan requires you to buy the entire harness, which I wasn't about to pay $500 for, so I ordered a pigtail online. After getting it here, I discovered that it didn't fit. I decided to try my hardest, to take apart the old plug, and I ended up rewiring it. It's working great so far, now I just have to get the check engine light off.

That was pretty much our weekend. We had some good times with friends, and drank a few brews. We have my brother in law coming in today, and once he leaves, it's time to reset the training calendar and start getting thru Rushfit on my way to being a Tough Mudder. I am about 15 lbs down so far, so let's keep on rocking!!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment