Friday, September 25, 2015

Changes and Adapting

First and foremost, I'm a "routine" guy. I like my daily schedule and how I get thru the day. I will say that these routines will actually have you missing out on fun too. Let me explain....

The weekends come and go so fast, and having my kids every other weekend, I make my plans accordingly. If you truly want to spend time with someone or just enjoy your time a little more, you have to make an effort to get out during the week. I've tried several ways to get thru the week, like living for the weekend. When you do that, you wake up one day and realize it's almost October. When you look back, what do you have to show for it but memories of work and sleep. I've lived that way most of this year and I'm really not happy with the results. 

Once I really thought about it, I've been slowing things down and tried enjoying each day. Time as seemed to slow. The reason I bring this up is because just like a routine, being comfortable with your every day life can come back to haunt you. 

In my line of work, there is a lot of change over. People leave cause they can't handle the stress and pressure. We also have a lot of new projects so people get moved around. I'm on my third boss this year and I've also been promoted so things are changing a lot. Im so happy that I am able to adapt and thrive with changes. It makes each day thrilling and you are always getting to prove yourself. I think having a career that constantly challenges you is the only way to work. I have found my true calling a and can't wait for whatever changes are ahead. 

I hope whoever reads this can be inspired to break out of the ruts and routines. Make yourself uncomfortable and see where it leads you. You may like the results. 

C

No comments:

Post a Comment