Saturday, October 31, 2015

Coming Home

So I went to visit a Brother I haven't seen in 10 years. We served in Iraq together. It's been great catching up and spending some time together. As we talked about things, it really makes me realize my own struggles and how we have the same ones. 
One thing is that I find it hard to relate to people anymore. I guess I just see life differently. I'm so hyper-vigilant about everything. I'm overprotective too. I know what dangers are out there and want to be prepared to act when needed. It's extremely exhausting mentally, to have to think that way all the time. I wish I could let my guard down but I just can't. 

Having survived what we did, I can't help but look at life differently. I know there are a lot of my brothers that are worse off than me. I feel obligated to live my life as full as possible. I hope I can make those guys proud. 

There are so many other things we think and feel, and it can take a toll on a relationship. It takes a special woman to want to deal with that. I just hope open communication will help 

No comments:

Post a Comment