Thursday, February 2, 2012

Being Healthy


So this is the family. We are a good looking family if I do say so myself!! Somewhere along the way, I've let myself go some.(Sorry, I don't want to put of pics of how big I look) I don't know why, but I've gotten lazy. I'd like to think I am just gaining weight to keep up with Sarah and the pregnancy. Unfortunately, I can't tell people I am pregnant, and that's why my stomach is growing.

I spent 6 years in the Marines, which was basically getting paid to train and stay in shape. I think I did a pretty good job of it. For some reason, once I got out, I kinda gave up on it. Maybe I did too much while I was in there, and decided to take a long break. Either way, I really don't like it. What was my plan to stop this??

Well a summer of working outside and drinking a lot of water caused me to drop alomost 30 lbs, but the winter time caused the weight to come back on. We talked about going to Quick Weight Loss, but they want way too much money to do that program. Sarah suggested an alternative. Get a workout program. I did a little research, and came up with GSP Rushfit. Now, I like this for several reasons. I am an active mixed martial arts fan, and my time in the Corps led me to a brown belt instructor in Marine Corps Martial Arts Program. I finally got it in, and started my first week. By the way, having the measure yourself and take pictures shirtless was demoralizing and pretty scary!!!!!

I got thru the first week before a shoulder injury cause me to stop for a little while. I must say that by the end of the first week, I was sore but felt great about what I accomplished. Now, here I sit thinking of excuses every week as to why I haven't started again. My thought is that if I write a weekly blog about my progress, I will stick to it so everyone can read how it's going. Maybe that will push me to finish. The other thought, is that we have 9 weeks until our new baby Keaghan is due, and I can think of anything better than being a smaller dad when we first meet each other. I'd like to know that I was in some better shape, in order to keep up with Emily and Keaghan. Wish me luck, and I will keep you all posted


C

No comments:

Post a Comment