Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Operation Rushfit Has Started

Well, I just started Week#1 of Rushfit. I forgot how hard it actually was. I was breathing hard just doing the warm up, and then got thru round 1 great before round 2 started. I took it a little easy thru #2, but tried my hardest to get thru the final three rounds. I actually had a visitor during the cool down. Emily came in to say goodnight, and decided to do some post work out stretching. She thought it was easy, but she wasn't there during the actual work out.

I find myself going into day 3, knowing I have abs and core conditioning tonight. I am pretty sore, and I know the working out is hitting everything, cause my whole body feels it. Last night was a cardio day, so I did some kickboxing, and running around with weights in my hands. I'm just trying to build more functional strength. I think that is my biggest goal right now. I want to be in much better shape, but not so I can stare in the mirror at myself and look at my muscles. I want to build an overall strong foundation that will keep my healthy for years to come. I know I will never be a "skinny guy", but being healthy and being able to play with my kids is a huge motivation for me. I tried to plan it so that I can be done with the first program before Keaghan is born. I figured a couple of weeks off, and I will start the next session. Hopefully Sarah and I can do some of them together. We have plans to take a honeymoon trip so we want to get in good enough shape to go.

It's funny, working out changes my mentality so much. When I am trying to get into shape, I eat so much better. I drink a lot more water and less soda. When I am being lazy, I catch myself eating all kinds of bad stuff. Like I said before, I hope that writing these posts will keep me pushing myself to get thru this. I'll let you guys know how things are going after I finish my first week. Until then, Stay Classy Planet Earth!!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment