Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rushfit: Week #2

Well, I bet you all wondered what happened to me. Was the workout so hard that I lost the use of my typing fingers? Well I won't say it was that hard, but it has been trying. I am doing the beginner course right now, and even though the workouts are the same, its spread out a little more to reduce the fatigue.

My first week had the strength and conditioning workout, 3 days of cardio, abs and core strength, stretching for flexibility, balance and agility, and the mother of all workouts; Fight Conditioning.

I wish I could sit here and tell you I went thru every workout without stopping, but that was not the case. Day one, I got thru the firs 2 rounds, and was very slow in round 3. I was able to pick up the pace in 4 and 5, but there were a couple of things I just couldn't do. I was able to get thru the first week with little setback. I have to say that I did cheat a little, and missed a day of cardio, and didn't do my balance and agility workout. I have noticed a change already. I have lost 4 lbs so far, and I am eating a lot better. I try and drink a protein shake after my workout, and doing it in the evening seems to fight the tired bug I was having in the mornings.

I started my second week last night with the strength and conditioning workout. I am happy to report that I did better than the fist day. I can only expect to increase on these as time goes on. Right now I am scheduled to be completed with the 8 week program right before the baby is due. I sure don't want my new daughter to come out and see an out of shape daddy looking at her.

My overall goal is to become a better father and husband for my wife and kids. I want to be able to play and run around outside without getting so winded. I sometimes look at pictures from my Marine days, and wonder how I let myself go. I am bound and determined to get back into the shape I was when I was carrying my pack and gear on long patrols. I want to be able to wake up and not feel so tired and lazy. Also, I have a lot of clothes in the closet that no longer fit. I'd love to be able to fit into all of them. I think being in shape and regaining my confidence will also help me in my career. My wife and I want to take a honeymoon next year sometime. Hopefully after the baby, she will want to do some of this workout with me. I am hoping I can get thru all 3 phases before that happens.

I will update you all soon. Tonight is abs and core strength. RUSHFIT HERE I COME!!!!


C

No comments:

Post a Comment