Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gotta Vent a Little Bit.

You know, something happened a couple of weeks ago that really grinds my gears(Thanks Family Guy!!) I was once told that no matter how old you are, you can never call yourself a man until you have a job and support your family. I've done a lot of things in my life, and I have never felt more accomplished in this regard, until I was married with kids. I have worked hard to put food on the table, and support my daughters ever growing barbie habit. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about. The reason I bring this up is to tell you about some other guy I know.

My wife has this friend who has been married probably a year longer than we have. Her husband, pretty much quit his job the day after they got married.  Now, she is a nurse and makes decent money. From what my wife told me, he hadn't worked in a year since they got married. His excuse is that he has diabetes, and he can't work very long. I'm sure having that takes a toll on you but, not that much. He has all the witty comments about how marriage is a business partnership and each person has to bring something positive to the relationship. He even laughs when he says his wife made a bad decision marrying him cause he brings nothing to the table. That is about the only thing I can agree with him about.

Anyways, this guy just rubs me the wrong way. His wife does all the working, and he can't even help her around the house. He leaves dog shit on the floor for her to clean up. He use to work for EMS, but decided he wants to be a cop. Now, having prior work in that field, I knew quite a bit about it. I tried to warn her that with 3 repossessions, crappy and unstable work history, and not paying child support for his kid, it was going to be almost impossible to get hired anywhere. So, he talks his wife into paying for the Police Academy, which he takes and passes. But he still hasn't found a job, and has to wait for his wife to fill out applications for him. Not to mention he has ran or stayed in any kind of shape since he graduated. It's been 6 months, and I don't think he's turned in one application. Now, he has given up and moving on to other jobs. I just can't help but think this guy is a total piece of crap. I can't respect a damn word that comes out of his mouth. He talks a big game, but I see right thru it.

Not to keep rambling, but I am a bit of a gun nut. I have been to Glock armorer school, and many shooting schools. I few years ago, I was shooting over 1000 rounds a week with my pistols. I was an expert shooter in the Marines as well. I know my guns, and I know them well. I got stuck going to a gun shop with him one day, and he pretty much was embarassing himself by all the shit he was talking.

So, I guess I will get to the point. We ran into him and his wife not too long ago, and of course, he walked up, and I held my hand out to give him a handshake(I kinda wanted to squeeze his hand hard enough to break it!!) and the guy actually stuck out his fingers and shook my hand worse than a girl would. I couldn't freaking believe it. All the talk, and not one drop of action from this guy. I really want to tell his wife that she needs to get away from that dumpster of death she is married to, but it's just not my style. You gotta learn the lessons the hard way sometimes. Let's just say this, since we moved to this new house, I have been urging my wife to not disclose our address to them. I really not want him infecting the harmony of our life.

Maybe I am being too hard on this guy, but I really don't think I am.

What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment