Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Go Week!!!!

Here we are, a few work days away from moving into the new house. We've gotten a lot done so far, but there is still things to do. I ended up getting a fridge and new dishwasher for free from some coworkers, and I got over to the house. I was sitting there waiting for my wife to show up when I realized that I forgot the dolly, and the dishwasher was broken. I was a little upset about that. I got my wife's car unloaded, and went to Lowes to exchange the dishwaher. I found a scratch and dent that would work great. Problem Solved!!

Now, on to the fridge. My father in law showed up and we had to muscle that thing all the way up the stairs. It was a tough carry, but we got it done. Finally, I went to hook it up only to find that the water line is too short. Nothing really went right that day, but spending a few minutes on our new porch made it all better. Not to mention a great lunch made by my mother in law.

Now, I am pumped to get everything else moved. My wife, Sarah, and I are doing little things all week to get ourselves ready. We've got some friends coming to help, and that's all we need. It's funny when you are packing, you never realize how much stuff you actually have. For some reason, I have so much clothing that I have collected over the years, that it takes over the closet. I guess it's as good a time as any for some donating. Maybe someone else can get more use out of them than I can.

Anyways, wish us luck on our move this weekend. Hopefully it's quick and painless

No comments:

Post a Comment