Monday, January 23, 2012

The New House

Phew, what a weekend!!!  We loaded both cars up and went to the new house Friday to set up what we could. Sarah and I went home in my truck, and got a decent nights sleep. We got up early Saturday morning and did all the last minute packing and took the rest of the furniture apart. The guy I asked to help no showed on us, so we were left with two of my wife's coworkers. Thank god they were there. The loading took about an hour, and we made the drive to the new house. Just a side note, because my help didn't show up, we had loaded my truck completely down with stuff, so my poor wife had to rde on the center console for about an hour.

Anyhoo, we got to the new house, unloaded everything and spent the rest of the weekend putting everything up. The move went pretty smooth. We just have to hang pictures and we are all done. Who would have thought that coming to work would be an escape from all the hard work we put in this weekend. I feel like I was hit by a truck!! The only other bad thing was that all the moving caused me to miss most of the Championship games this weekend. I guess reading the highlights will have to suffice until Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment